Regular exercise is known to improve your physical well-being and also your mental health. However, we know that going to the gym is not for everyone. Here are five great alternatives for the summer!
1. Surfing in Far Rockaway. There are great schools that you can get surfing lessons if you’re a first timer or if you’re experienced, you can just rent a board right on the beach!
2. Trapeze. Let your childhood dreams of working in the circus come true. There are several places throughout the city that offer lessons. Our community manager recommends STREB in Brooklyn.
3. Rock Climbing. Take your workout to new heights! Try Brooklyn Boulders or one of the other rock climbing venues throughout the city!
4. Kayaking. There are a number of free kayaking spots throughout Manhattan and Queens. The Downtown Boathouse is one great option!
5. Sports Leagues. We can’t even keep up with all the different social sports leagues in the city. There are so many options but one great one to check out is Ultimate Rec!
If you have other ideas, please share them with us so we can share them with our coworking community!