It’s that time of year again: Holiday Season! And if our estimates are right, you’re probably going to be attending at least ONE corporate holiday party. Here’s some pointers on how not to be “that guy” that everyone talks about the next work day:
1. Wear appropriate attire. If you don’t know what that is, get a little dressier from what what you typically wear to the office.
2. Consume less drinks that you would on any given night with your friends. If you have two drinks with friends, let’s go for one at the party; if you have ten drinks with friends, let’s go for five at the party. To be honest, no one should be drinking more than five drinks at a typical three-hour holiday party.
3. Keep inappropriate comments and physical contact for anytime after you are off party premises.
4. Don’t hoard all the food.
4. Be social. Take this time to learn something new about someone or become friendly with a new person.
5. Participate in any charity aspect or gift exchange that is part of the party. Most likely, everyone else will be participating and you don’t want to be the only one left out.